Monday, April 26, 2010

Playing Hookey

I don't want to go to school today.
I'd much rather stay home and play.
Knowing my friends will be at school,
So, being by myself won't be very cool.
I could spend all day in my bed,
Although, there are cool things I can do instead.
I could play video games all day.
After a few hours my eyes will dilate.
Then I'd realize I never ate.
I'd eat every thing til there was no more.
I should of thought of playing hooky long before.
I'd make it seem as if I were at school.
My nose buried in a book and
using my pencil as a tool.
"How was school?" mom and dad would ask.
A fib, hoping they'll accept and not contrast.
My conscious would remind me of the lie.
How I wished I had an alibi!
What if the principal should drop by or call?
Would I dare stay to face him and stall?
By the guilt on my face let the truth be told
Yes! I played hooky! Boy am I bold.
Have you a son or daughter who is good as gold?

3 comments:

  1. I came up with this poem 2 years ago. I thought of how teenagers would skip a certain class in high school. Needless to say, I came home from work early and found my son at home before school let out. After walking home from school he called me on my cell phone, I missed the call, said he would explain everything. He had a hard day with one of the teachers. I skolled him and later I remembered him saying, "I called you and left a message on your cell phone." I thought that was the sweetest thing out of all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem, Cheryl! That is an excellent start into the blogging world. Almost forgot...I'm Cyndi aka 1gdcowgrl on AR

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just now am looking at this site and didn't know someone had made acomment on my poem. Wow! I know who you are! Thanks for reading my poem. I've got several and I've been wanting to get them published, just for a keep sake, I'd doubt they would sell.

    ReplyDelete